Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]   Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 1:17 am

Ah, it was good to be out of the hospital. Her sister, Jayr, had pulled some serious strings and got her permanently discharged – pending she didn't get suddenly sicker of course and have to go back. Mittens, or Mitsukai as was her real name, wasn't completely well of course: she was born with a chronic illness and was still very sickly. However, she was well enough to be released from the hospital so long as someone kept an eye on her. Even now, as Mittens sat upon a park bench eating strawberry ice cream – two scoops – that had been stuffed into a waffle cone, she knew that one or more members of her family likely lurked nearby: keeping an eye on her while allowing her to have some freedom. If not them then likely someone ordered to do so by her father the Commander General.

Mittens kicked her legs back and forth; which were a little too short to fully reach the ground with how far back on the bench she was seated. She looked around with gold colored eyes while attempting to keep strands of her long white hair from tickling her nose as the wind blew gently. The wind likewise ruffled her knee length white dress with the dark blue vest over top.

She took a 'bite' of her ice cream with her lips – attempting to avoid frozen teeth – and then glanced up in time to see a little bird hopping closer on a branch above her. The bird was blue in color, and chirping away quite happily. Then her attention was drawn to a group of kids nearby in the park who were running and chasing after each other in what was obviously a game of tag. Mittens momentarily found herself longing to join them but even the thought of it caused the familiar tickle to rise up in her throat that cued a small coughing fit. She turned her head, tucking her mouth into the crook of her elbow as she rode the coughing fit out: she knew better by now then to try and ignore it because it only made it worse in the end.

When the coughing fit was over, and thankfully it had only taken roughly ten seconds or so, she took another 'bite' of her ice cream and began to kick her legs in tiny circles as they continued to dangle in the air.
Back to top Go down
Xylo
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Xylo

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]   Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:20 pm

A deep sigh would leave Xylo's lips as he stood impatiently from a distance from his objective. That objective being watching over the youngest daughter of the Kyamalie family, 'Mitsukai'. It truly was a tedious task, however it was of great importance as the head of her family was of course the commander general, Jai. If there was anything Xylo took seriously in his work, was orders, as each little task would add prosperity to the future of Hanagakure. If Xylo had it his way, he'd be on the front lines in wait for an attack, however his skills were not yet honed to their potential, so staying in the village, training and doing menial missions was now the best option, even though there wasn't any. Crimson hued lenses would pan across the sky as soft white clouds would glide across the landscape. His hands would sit comfortably within the silk confines of his black jacket as his gaze would slowly pan down to the little girl seated atop a bench. Xylo was made well aware to not communicate, however the boredom began to strike more stronger than ever. His foot was slowly begin to tap until picking up speed, uncontrollably tapping his favourite tune. Two minutes would pass and Xylo could take no more, his immediate action would be to speak to her. Fuck it, if I'm going to do this shitty security guard mission, i might as well do it m way. One affront the other and repeat, his legs would begin stepping toward the little girl, his crimson orbs glaring at her as he made his way to the young girl. Xylo would feel quite, well, relaxed in this situation, even though if Xylo was to be caught by the Commander General right now, who knows what might've happened. But then an instant turn of events would occur as he noticed her coughing vigorously. Alarmed at the situation, his now walking pace would now turn into sprinting, as his right foot would thrust off the ground before landing to the side of the bench/girl. But as he stood beside her, the coughing fit had finished, as she took a bite of her ice cream and began swaying her feet.

"Are you okay?"

A sentence spoken with great concern to suit, however it was felt with great displeasure, for as much as he didn't care for this girl, if Jai was to find out she had died from, whatever, well, Xylo would soon follow her.
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]   Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:37 pm

Her golden colored gaze had moved back to the children playing tag when suddenly she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye and a voice reached her ears. She turned her head slowly, taking in the appearance of the male who had suddenly arrived upon her coughing fit. Out of everything about him his eyes caused the most curiosity; but she had been taught manners and therefore didn't mention them as a normal child perhaps would.

She smiled and then nodded. ”Yes, I'm alright. Nothing I'm not used to..” Brows would furrow suddenly and a thoughtful look would come upon the child's face. ”Did my dad send you to watch me?”, she asked suddenly. No one else had come over upon hearing her cough, so she felt it was a proper deduction to make over the situation.

As she waited for a response she continued to move her legs in tiny circles as they dangled just above the ground. She licked the edge of her ice cream to keep it from dripping all over her hand and her dress before she would take another 'bite' out of it with her lips. The coldness of the ice cream helped greatly to sooth her sore throat, so much so that she followed one bite quickly with another despite the risk of giving herself a brain freeze. She would glance once more towards the children playing before reaching into the backpack on the other side of her. A moment of one-handed digging and she would produce a small sketchpad as well as various charcoal pencils. While still keeping her ice cream in her right hand she used her left to pull her sketchpad onto her lap and open it up. She would flip through various drawings – portraits of her family and various detailed buildings throughout Hanagakure – before she would come upon a half finished, highly detailed drawing of a pack of wolves. Given that Mittens couldn't run and play like a normal child she often had to find other ways to amuse herself; it was why she had taken art classes at every chance she got from the time she could properly hold a pencil.

As she picked up one of her charcoal pencils she would throw a sideways glance towards what was likely her bodyguard. ”Do you draw?”
Back to top Go down
Xylo
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Xylo

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]   Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Relief would surge through his mind as he was made aware that the young girl way okay. Gazing into the eyes of the young Kyamalie, he would notice she had an unusual eye colour like himself, this being gold. It was quite mesmerizing to say the least, not in any way in terms of attraction, however it was simply unorthodox and something that was so unique, an extended stare was in order. A small grin would widen at the right side of his lips, whilst he made his way directly affront the girl, watching as it would be a better to see her lips move as he was near-deaf. Sure he could hear quite perfectly from within 5 meters, however he was used to reading lips as a means to 'listen.' "I guess.. you've caught me. I was assigned to watching over you today by your father. But I thought I woul-" His sentence would be interrupted by the sudden sounds of water splashing. With his first thought being imminent threat, his crimson orbs would dart to his side, only to see children playing atop the water. What an incredible site to see as children had begun using the supernatural walking technique. A feat Xylo only reached at the age of 14. Looking back at the girl affront him he would continue.

"-I thought i would keep you company." His last words would be spoken with subtle abnormality, mostly due to him being basically tone deaf, which is why this was a weird situation as he generally never spoke. Crimson hued lenses would notice her chomping down an ice cream, a sweet delicacy Xylo was not too fond off. He would continue to stand in silence, watching her as she whipped out some sort of book and pencils. "Yes, however not for leisure. I draw weapon schematics for the village's militants. And as of late it's been quite tough." Xylo would then point to the open space vacant beside her as a visual cue to allow him to sit beside her. "I'm assuming you're something of an artist? May i look at your work?"
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]   Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 2:38 pm

”I figured he had sent someone, or else one of my sisters were close by. They don't like to leave me alone for long because of how sick I am...”

Mittens smiled and patted the spot next to her with a nod for him to indeed sit: she didn't mind company, she preferred it rather than sitting there by herself. She glanced over to the children who were walking across the water – something she could do herself – but she had no intentions of joining them. Instead she focused her attention back onto Xylo and listened as he explained that he did draw, but he had a different purpose behind his drawings. It made her think of her own weapon – a bow. She didn't go anywhere without it, despite being sick.

She reached back into her bag and pulled out another sketchbook; this one was filled already to the brim which each page covered in different drawings. These drawings ranged from anywhere between life-like sketches of the hospital staff who dealt with her on a daily basis, to her sisters, to her father, to scenery and animals. All of which were drawn in a very realistic style. ”Here you go; that one is full but I like to carry it around for ideas. I got into drawing when I was really little because I've been sick since I was born, so I couldn't play like the other kids could. I had to find stuff to do while sitting still.”

She then paused, thinking. ”So what kind of weapons do you draw? I have a bow: it's pretty cool.” She didn't bother mentioning the long range helped her out because it kept her from having to physically fight.
Back to top Go down
Xylo
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Xylo

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]   Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] Tumblr_n8voqjWaNv1qkp04ro7_250

It was truly surprising that such a little girl had knowledge of her families commitment to keep her out of harms way. So much to the point that Xylo would have to acknowledge it or to the point of tease her with it. It was even more amusing that he hadn't scared her, as Xylo's appearance was truly demonic. His head would lower as his eyes would meet the same level as hers. "You're quite the brainy brat now aren't you?" A cheeky grin would widen as he made his way to the seat after she accepted his gesture for him to be seated. His back would lay slanted as he lazed backward onto the bench, his hands would sit comfortably behind his head as he gazed at the surroundings, noticing the girl would look around the children. Continuing to gaze upon her now and then, he would notice another sketchbook raising to him.

His right hand would reach out to the sketchbook, grasping it allowing his tattooed covered skin to reveal itself more so. As he touched the book he could feel its age, as it had felt less raw and could see general aging on the books exterior. Placing the book affront his gaze with his right hand, he would continue to flick through pages until he heard her speak. "I could tell you were fragile, but being confined by mental shackles sounds harsh. Your drawings are quite good by the way, as someone who enjoys art hence my skin, i would say you have a natural talent for it." Xylo would pause for a moment whilst noticing a drawing of her family before glancing at her from the side. "You have quite a large family. I know who your father is, but the rest i can't say I've seen before. Care to name them?"

Again he would pause before speaking once more. "As a weapons creator I have to draw concepts before i build them, so generally most of the advanced weaponry in the village has been drawn and made by me. But not all weaponry, i still have alot of room to improve. And a bow you say? I can see that with your frail body it would be a good choice, and it's good you know some form of fighting style, as sad as it is to say it, there will always be assholes that prey on the weak." His foot would begin to tap as his urge to smoke began to course his mind. Reaching into his pant pocket with his left hand, he would pull out a single cigarette and place it his mouth whilst moving a little further away from the girl as passive smoking was a terrible act to deliver, especially to a fragile girl like Miss Kyamalie. He would then reach into his pockets once again revealing a lighter which he would then flick open and burn the tip whilst continuing to flick through the pages, whilst blowing smoke away from the girl.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]   Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunshine is Great Medicine [Open]
Page 1 of 1