Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] Empty
PostSubject: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 5:34 pm

They'd gone right from the orphanage and to the market; he wasn't about to let her wallow in filthy, torn clothing for any longer than he had to. He had plenty of money on him at the moment, more than enough to set her up with anything she wanted. He wasn't aiming to buy love or anything; he just didn't want her to suffer anymore. He'd make sure she was comfortable and happy for the rest of her life, by any means necessary. She was so tiny for her age, her weight was nothing to him, and that was worrisome. If she was that underweight, he'd have to take it a bit easy with cooking for a few weeks; or else he'd overload her and make her sick.

"Before we go home, we're going to get you some new clothes, and toys, and everything you need. Anything you want, really. Nothing is too good or too much for you, my love."

He made sure that they where in the part of the market that was aimed toward selling clothing and household goods; they'd move to the food stalls and get something to eat in a bit. "See anything you like, dearest?"
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 5:50 pm

Kaia lifted her head from her father's shoulder as they reached the market. Her eyes lit up as she heard her father speak and her mouth formed another silent little o shape. She looked around for a moment: she wasn't a picky child, and surely never bothered asking for things before because doing so in the orphanage was a waste of time. However, something did spot her eye: it was a blue colored dress with a pink top that had lace short sleeves. The bottom of the blue dress had fish lining the bottom of it.

Excitedly she pointed towards it: it hung on a rack with matching small bookbags nearby – they were obviously meant to match. She smiled brightly, happily.

Annnd then something else distracted her: a turtle plushie that was light blue in color with a gray shell. Suddenly she pointed towards it, reaching for it really: the turtle plushie was absolutely amazing to her. She hadn't had a toy like that in as long as she could remember, and she felt an instant draw towards the stuffed animal.
Back to top Go down
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Oh good, that was easier than he was expecting it to be. She'd instantly lit up, and was actively pointing out what she wanted; which told him that she was comfortable and trusted that he meant what he said. He went right for the dress and bag set, handing over the money for them without even thinking about it; taking the bag that the set was placed in and moving on to the plushie. He plucked it up from the table it sat on and paid for it as well. "The dress is beautiful, Kaia; and the plushie is adorable. You have great taste."

He moved down the isle, taking his sweet time so that she could look for anything she wanted to. He had an idea of where he was going; they'd move through clothing and toy stalls first, then off toward where there was furniture for sale so she could pick out a bed and such, and then off to pick up something for dinner for them. They'd take something home and eat it there; fewer people and less overwhelming stimuli. They could enjoy it more, and work on getting to know each other finally. They knew her records, but that didn't tell them anything about her as a person, and he knew he wanted to know anything and everything, and share anything she wanted to know about him. If he knew Ai half as well as he thought he did; and he knew her far better than he gave himself credit for; she'd be of the same mind.
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Kaia grinned from ear to ear at the compliment, hugging her father happily.

She then began to look around again, looking for something else that she wanted. She pointed out several more outfits; a yellow jumper with a white undershirt and matching sandals, another dress that was purple in color with a large pocket on the front of it, and several more jumpers and outfits after that, all of which were equally as adorable and an array of bright and very vibrant colors. Kaia loved color; and the more the better, which was why at least one of the dresses she picked out was tie-dye.

She didn't bother pointing out anymore toys, at least not at first. However, after having picked out those multiple outfits, something else caught her attention a stall over. It was a small plastic container that contained all kinds of embroidery thread. These threads were arranged in a rainbow of colors; and it was packed full. Kaia, when she lived with the family who she now knew wasn't really her family, had loved to make bracelets. She tapped Hyakurai on the shoulder to ensure she had his full attention and then pointed at it, excitedly.

Nearby the container of thread was a book of mental puzzles, which she also pointed out: she loved books like this, in fact that had been the type of book that the bullies had earlier destroyed - though that thought hadn't crossed her mind up until that point, and it did little to dampen her happy spirits.
Back to top Go down
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Oh good, she was going for practical things. He was no stranger to sewing supplies, and he wasn't above admitting that he enjoyed making colorful and fancy things at times. They have something easy and simple and fun to bond over with this; and he was all kinds of okay spending a pretty penny getting the kit. The puzzles and mind games just as much, those where a favorite of his as well; he had a secret love for rope puzzles that bordered on addiction after all.

After these purchases he took a moment to store the mass of bags in a scroll; that way they could finish up the shopping in the one trip and not be burdened by the load.

Once that was done, he moved off toward the areas where craftsmen fashioned furniture and the like; she'd need a bed and such and he wanted her to pick it out for herself; so that she had something she really liked, and not whatever he guessed (badly) at.

"Okay dear; pick out what you want for your bedroom, kay?"
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Kaia was quite amused by her father using a scroll to store the bags: watching like a hawk with a very amused and interested expression upon her face.

As they moved further on in the market Kaia noticed more furniture then anything and smiled brightly when her father told her to pick out furniture for her bedroom: she had never been given a choice like that before. Her head swiveled every which way as she attempted to see everything all at once. Finally, something caught her attention: a bed that was perfectly sized for her with plenty of room for her to grow. Underneath of the bed were drawers; a built in dresser. But, that wasn't what caught her attention: the bed was very colorful, and carved into the headboard and baseboard were dragons, painted in such a way that their scales had an iridescent sheen to them. The bed had four posts from which a canopy with curtains hung; the canopy and curtains having a pattern that depicted dragons flying through the sky to match the bed itself. Next to it was a nightstand and matching lamp.

Kaia pointed at it, grinning from ear to ear. There was something about dragons that seriously interested the child, and such a bed was magical in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:05 pm

"....."

Oh, she was definitely his daughter all right. That's the same thing he would have picked at any age, but especially at hers. Hell, the bed he shared with Ai had dragons carved into it, but not to this level of detail. It was a master's loving hand here, and he was happy to support that.

A few moments of talk with the maker and the bed was bought, it came with a special sheet and blanket set that was patterned in a similar fashion and was made by the craftsman's wife. It was just the kind of thing that was needed for something like this. Perfect.

He thanked the man and fetched a second scroll, carefully storing the set inside so that it wouldn't be rattled or damaged in the process. It had to be perfect for her. Everything had to be perfect for her.

"Let's get some food and head home then, yes? You must be tired after today, and your mother and I have much to show you."
Back to top Go down
Ai
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Ai

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:17 pm

Ai had been... busy. She had, after some great deal of calming down, gone back and gotten the few items of Kaia's worth taking from her tiny closet sized room – there was nothing left behind in the orphanage to even show that the child was ever there. Ai had destroyed all of the evidence; and destroyed any paper trail that dealt with that hellish place: as far as anyone but a few select people who had seen Kaia knew, she never existed, and that was good – it would keep people from being able to target her in the days to come.

She had also found several books of hers that had been nearly ruined by falling into a puddle when she was being bullied: those were restored good as new and were safe and dry, as perfect as they had been before it happened.

Now all she needed to do was find Hyakurai and Kaia, something that wasn't actually all that hard. She headed to the general location she expected them to be in; clothes and toys were passed up, and into the more crafty areas. Ah yes, there they were. Ai picked up speed, and grinning, came up behind them. She gave them both a quick kiss on the cheek before grinning from ear to ear: she was so glad to have Kaia with them now that she doubted she'd stop smiling for a very long time.

“Hello, dears. I was... tying up loose ends.”, she wouldn't say more about it out here, there were too many nosy people, too many ears to hear and get curious. “Did you find a whole bunch of stuff you liked?”
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Kaia clapped as she watched her father purchase the bed: the fact that it came with a set of sheets and a blanket only further excited her. It was absolutely perfect! Once more she watched closely as her father stored it all into a scroll, still quite amused by this concept of something so big fitting into something like that: it caused her to giggle in silence.

When her father mentioned food she looked down at her stomach; she often ignored the hungry feeling simply because she was too used to never feeling full. However, at the idea of actually having good solid food her stomach seemed to grow a voice all to its own. She poked at her stomach as it let out a 'vicious' roar. Using sign language Kaia said ”There's a very hungry and angry sounding dragon in my belly.”

Annnd then she was being kissed on the cheek as Ai arrived. She giggled silently and nodded to her mother's question: oh yes, she had definitely gotten a lot of stuff and she couldn't wait until they were home so she could show her everything.
Back to top Go down
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:47 pm

He felt her coming, the seal was properly charged now and it gave him plenty of warning to where she was. "She's got a good start going; lots of pretty clothes and useful books and a very nice bed that you're going to love."

Sign language; that made a lot of sense. He was almost sure he remembered seeing something about that in the records; but he'd been... skimming out of pure rage over the whole incident. Good thing for him, he was fluent enough to get by. Not perfect, but enough to follow and not be totally lost all the time.

"It sounds like, dearest. Let's get something hot to take home, shall we? I know I have some special rice balls left, but it won't be enough for all of us. Shall we go make some vendor's day buying their entire stock out? I have a few more empty scrolls on me, we can take as much as we want."
Back to top Go down
Ai
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Ai

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Ai nodded, glad to hear that she had gotten herself some new clothing: she hated the state of the clothing she had on now – simple, and not at all colorful, let alone her torn stockings from where she had been pushed and had fallen. Ai was a firm believer in color: even her kimono's when she had been Geisha showed that – they were all sorts of bright and colorful and beautiful. Children should be dressed in color; more so then even adults. It was just her personal opinion.

“Mmm. Food does sound like a really good plan right now.” She smiled and poked Kaia gently on her sides to tickle her. Ai made a mental note as they want to freshen up on sign language; she knew the basics easy enough but it had been a while since she had had reason to use it.
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Kaia nodded to her father's words: the idea of getting some nice and hot food and then going home sounded very nice: she was excited to see where she would be living now, as well as excited to show her mother what they had gotten while shopping since she had caught up with them a bit late. When her her mother tickled her she giggled silently and squirmed a bit.

”Ah, there's the little fish.. I was hoping I'd see you again..”, came an elderly female voice from behind them. Kaia turned her head, looking into a somewhat familiar face. The elderly woman was leaning heavily on a cane, but in her free hand was a pink bow much like the ones already in Kaia's hair. The woman looked towards Ai and Hyakurai. ”This special little girl saved my kitten for me; she had fallen out of a tree and into a deep pond. Kaia here saved her life, but she left this behind.” The elderly woman handed out the bow which Kaia took before waving goodbye to the woman.

Kaia watched as the elderly woman returned to her son's stall – he was one of the craftsman – and she sat back on her stool in the shade. Kaia looked down at her bow and smiled brightly before putting it in her hair and by her bangs. She then lifted her hands again, figuring she needed to explain what had happened a bit better then the elderly woman had, I can breath underwater; I dunno how but I can stay underwater for forever and it doesn’t bother me. I was hiding from some bullies under the water when I saw the kitty fall in; I pulled her back out.” She smiled proudly, obviously quite proud of her ability, and the fact that she had saved such a harmless kitten.
Back to top Go down
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:24 pm

The smile on Rai's face was brighter than the sun, that she'd done that of her own accord showed a lot about her character, and it made him happy to see that she was willing to save an innocent creature like that. That she could breath underwater was surprising, but not unheard of. He'd known of water users with a similar ability, but never in a child. This would make things far easier for them; he and Ai had all but moved into the underground hide away, their apartment was bare bones, or bare bones for them. To someone looking in, it was fully furnished, with pictures and art and those little trinkets that made a house a 'home' to most people. Copies, fakes, stuff they didn't really care about; a ruse to keep people thinking they where there.

They very much where not.

The food vendors where near by; they'd raid the stalls for staple and fresh foods, then get something for dinner. Or rather, he'd go raid for supplies, while Kaia and Ai could get dinner. "Dear, take her. I need to grab some supplies while we're in the food market. Pick out whatever you want." He kissed Kaia's cheek and lifted her easily so that Ai could take her; winking at them both before seeming to vanish in a burst of speed. He was going to collect enough food and supplies for them to enjoy their home for a few weeks without being bothered; and meet back with them once they'd gotten dinner.
Back to top Go down
Ai
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Ai

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Ai glanced back at the elderly woman, watching her closely as she handed a bow over to Kaia before going to sit down; the bow matched the rest that were scattered throughout the child's hair. She then focused her attention on Kaia as the child began to use sign language again: she could breath underwater. Holy hell was that lucky for them; life would be a heck of a lot easier with her having an ability like that. It meant they could come and go as they pleased from their home away from home without worry.

Ai took Kaia and held her with a grin before looking to Hyakurai. “Alright, just come find us when you're done. I'm sure you'll be faster then us.” She watched him take off and then looked to Kaia. “What's your favorite foods, dear?”, she asked curiously as she headed to the food stalls.

She figured she would allow Kaia to pick what she wanted: the more they knew about her the easier the transition would be after all, and the more familiar things around the child the happier and more comfortable she was likely to be: there was a method to this! Plus, she just loved the idea of getting to spoil her. And so, she would wait for Kaia to point out something she liked before making their purchases...
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:38 pm

She giggled silent as her father kissed her on the cheek and waved goodbye as she watched him leave. With Ai holding her she gently wound her fingers through her hair; it was simply a comforting thing she tended to do a lot, at least with people she was comfortable around.

At her mother's question she tilted her head and thought hard: there were many things she liked, and since her mother had asked what her favorite foods were compared to just one food... well, she grinned. Kaia took several minutes to point out several things from the nearest stall, and watched as Ai bought the items, and large amounts of them too. Kaia's stomach growled as the smell of the hot food reached her nose.

She watched as it was cooked, glad that her mother was holding it because it gave her some height and actually allowed her to watch. When the food was boxed for them and bagged she turned her attention back to her mother and signed, ”Can I get a tea? I like peach!” She was indeed hungry, but she was more thirsty then anything.
Back to top Go down
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:43 am

He was only gone about 5 minutes, and even then it was only because it took a few minutes to load the supplies into the scrolls. He'd actually ordered a lot of it ahead of time; the stuff that would take time to get together. Stuff like the dry rice and what not that he was taking hundred of pounds of at a time, he needed them ready to go when he showed up. The fresher produce was easier to get, since he didn't need nearly as much; they'd be able to gather fresh produce easily once they got to the temple; but he wanted to keep trips to villages for other supplies to a minimum at first.

Once he was set; he returned to the part of the dry market where they where hunting down food, seeming to appear out of thin air since he had a bad habit of speeding around everywhere when he didn't want to be away from Ai, and now Kaia, for long periods of time.

"I'm set. We've got enough supplies to last for at over a year, now. Better to be nicely stocked, just in case." He'd returned in time to see the request for peach tea, and patted Kaia's cheek lightly, affectionately, "We'll get lots and lots of it. We'll get all kinds of tea for you. I like all kinds of tea, and your mother brews wonderful tea. I bought a lot of different kinds already, but we can get some fresher teas before we leave and make it tonight. The stuff I got is the kind that lasts forever, but it's not as tasty as a freshly dried leaf tea."
Back to top Go down
Ai
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Ai

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:12 am

Ai smiled at Kaia's question and nodded her head yes. “Of course. You can have all the peach tea you want.”, she responded. She then looked towards Hyakurai as he returned and grinned. It definitely sounded like they were to the point to where they wouldn't need to leave their little home away from home until it was time to do just that.

“Why don't you go to your daddy and I'll go get you a fresh tea and the stuff to make some later, kay? We can head home through the animal market, I'm sure you'll like that.”

She would hold out Kaia to Hyakurai to take; and after he did so she would take off quickly; moving to grab not only a fresh tea for her but also what would be needed to keep them all in tea for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:24 am

Kaia would go willingly to her father; fingers wrapping around his hair as was becoming her habit whenever one of her parents held her. Her huge smile remained on her face as she nodded and then watched her mother disappear: both of them were so fast!

If Hyakurai would begin to walk through the shortcut her mother had mentioned, she would look around with a great deal of curiosity at all of the animals around. That was at least until a particularly 'naughty' monkey caught her attention: the monkey was actually picking the lock of its cage while the stall owner was busy with a customer. Kaia's mother formed a little 'o' shape as she watched the monkey free herself.

The stall owner noticed, but it was too late: the monkey was free and out of its cage, heading straight towards them as it moved its way through the crowd. The monkey spotted Kaia and made a beeline directly towards her while the rather shady owner gave chase. The monkey, nearing her, would jump up and cling to her in a hug. Kaia, ever the animal lover would wrap an arm around the monkey as the thing attempted to hide: it's face disappearing into Kaia's hair.

Kaia watched the owner come over; the man looked pissed and he was shaking his fist. She simply held on to the monkey tighter, the urge to protect the creature one that came strongly from her. ”Get back here you little bastard. How'd you get free!?”

The monkey stuck its tongue out at the owner while continuing to cling to Kaia. The owner raised his hand, as if half tempted to attempt to strike the monkey around the child. Suddenly, Kaia spoke: ”Daddy! Dun let 'em hurt my friend!” Right, because she skipped right over the fact that she was liable to be the one hit considering the monkey was using her to hide: her worry was all about the monkey – so much so that she didn't even start freaking out over the fact that she talked.
Back to top Go down
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 pm

He kissed Kaia's cheek again when he took her from Ai, turning to take the suggested route. It would work, and they'd meet up outside the market to head home together. He'd rather be safe than sorry when it came to getting home, what with how strange it was to actually get there. Least for now. Soon they'd be out of there, taking all of it they could with them (which was everything not nailed down), and off to greener pastures and safer places.

Suddenly, monkey in face.

Man with fist raised near daughter.

Instant raging dragon mode.

She didn't even need to say something to have him moving; he was shifting Kaia and the monkey around so that he could hold them and still have an arm free for attack and defense if needed. That she DID speak had his protective instinct racing into the stratosphere.

"Touch her. I will hang you by the skin of your back, roast your bowels in your body, then feed them to you." The smell of ozone and exploding light bulbs spoke of his hidden power, his hair spiking higher and wilder giving him the look of a maned dragon about to strike.

Needless to say, the nasty man was now pissing himself.

"That's what I though. What's your problem, coward."

"That monkey. H-he's mine."

"I care, why? You run up here and nearly hit my daughter, just because you can't keep track of a monkey. On that note, were's your license to sell exotics? I don't see it anywhere, and you know the law clearly states it must be visible at your stall."

"I.. well... it's..."

"Exactly. So. Two options. Walk away, and I let you go; or keep trying to have a spine, and I break it before i take you in."

Aaaaaaaaaand he's gone.

Yep.

"Well, you've got a new friend, Kaia." They had plenty of fruits and edibles for a monkey, so he didn't even bother turning around, merely shifting them back so that they where comfortable and heading out of the market. It had been a long day, it was time to head home.
Back to top Go down
Ai
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Ai

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Ai worked fast; she headed to her personal favorite stall – the owner sold the best tea leaves and they were always fresh. Plus, he offered up a bargain compared to what the other stalls would. She got several different types; some their favorites while others were new ones they could try out and see if they liked: all were bought in bunches large enough to tide them over for quite a while.

Once the tea leaves were purchased she moved on to the actual freshly made tea. Thankfully, there wasn't a line so she was able to get several peach teas – the largest cups available – with very secured lids so there were no risk of them breaking open and spilling.

Once everything was gathered up she took off like a shot through the market, moving far faster then she often pretended able to: but she was in a rush to get back with Hyakurai and their daughter, so she allowed the pretense to slip a bit even if it were for but a moment.

As she met back up with them she noticed a new addition to the group: a monkey that seemed to be clinging to Kaia. “Oh, a new friend I see. And what is your friends name?” Ai asked with a smile. She had no issues with Kaia having a friend: it would make spending long periods of time in their hiding spot easier, plus it would give her someone to socialize with that wasn't Hyakurai or herself.
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Annnd Kaia was back to her silent self again; her head resting on her father's shoulder as she realized she had spoken in the first place. Her little heart was beating a mile a minute, and she found herself expecting to see the same missing-nin who had threatened her when she was littler to come stepping out of the crowd. As it was, it wasn't an evil-doer who stepped out of the crowd but her mother and this caused Kaia to lift her head again and look at her and then the monkey: she had no idea what the monkey's name was, and she certainly didn't want to speak again – at least not yet.

”Aya! My name's Aya!”, the monkey suddenly responded. Kaia blinked, shocked that her friend could speak at all, and then hugged the monkey to her. The monkey returned to hug clinging to her, though the animals head tilted. ”You're afraid.. I can smell it. Why are you scared?”, the monkey asked inquisitively.

Kaia opened her mother as if she were going to speak and then stopped: she couldn't do it, but she also doubted that the monkey would understand sign language. So she freed her hands for a moment and used sign language to explain while hoping that one of her parents would be able to translate for her, ”The bad people said that if I ever spoke they'd come back and get me... “ It was about as good of an explanation she wanted to offer up before she was idly playing with her father's hair with one hand and hugging the monkey to her with her other. She was beginning to calm down now: she felt safe like this, with her parents around her, and it was doing wonders to keep her from hyperventilating and freaking out.
Back to top Go down
Raijin
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 5:07 pm

"......"

Right. He was done now. She'd been stolen from them, watched her adoptive family murdered, received no help for it whatsoever,  thrown into an orphanage even though they KNEW that he and Ai where her biological parents and completely and totally capable, and willing, to take her back (AFTER THEY STOLE HER).

He was 1000% done with this country.

He was supremely done with this system.

D. O. N. E.

"Aya, hold on to Kaia tightly. Kaia, hold on to your mother tightly. Things are about to get a bit... strange, for a few hours. But by morning... we're going to be in a much nicer place. We're going to go on a little vacation..."

He was giving Ai a look that screamed 'we're going now,' and not in the 'we're leaving the market'. It was 'we're leaving NOW.' The game of pass Kaia back and forth was likely getting old, but this was the last time they'd need to do it for a while.

He didn't care that they'd planned to finish 'packing'. All they had to do was activate a few storage seals and they where good to go. He had the stuff he needed to get started in his pocket, in it's special stasis scroll. "I'll meet you at the spot in one hour. That should be enough time to get everything."

He was gone in a flash, a literal flash. It was like lightning had struck the spot he'd been standing in, a peal of thunder blasting and winds going nuts from the speeds he was moving at. There was much to be done and not a lot of time to do it in.

-Exit-
Back to top Go down
Ai
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Missing-Nin (S Rank)
Ai

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 5:29 pm

…. Her heart broke. She had assumed that something like this was the cause of why Kaia wouldn't speak but to have it confirmed? She wept inwardly for her child while in her mind her rage burned: none of this would have even happened to their little girl if she wouldn't have been stolen from them in the first place. Something had to be done...

Apparently, she wasn't the only one who thought so. She caught the look that Rai was giving her and nodded in understanding as she took Kaia from him once more. She shifted the child so that her and the monkey would be comfortable as she watched Rai disappear.

“Come on dears... Soon enough everything will be all better.”, she said simply as she too turned and left. The time had come earlier then planned, but come it had, and they were ready regardless.

[Thread Exit]
Back to top Go down
Amara
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Amara

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 5:39 pm

Kaia nodded in understanding, shifting back to her mother's arms and clinging to her. The monkey in return clinged to Kaia; half between herself and her mother. They were quite a sight, considering the monkey was almost, but not quite, Kaia's size. Her little fingers twirled around her mother's hair as she simply nodded to her mother's words.

Her father had left quickly again, seeming to disappear, and Kaia had a feeling they might be about to do the same. Regardless of where they went Kaia was happy; she had her parents, her REAL parents, and now a new friend in the monkey named Aya.

Bring on the world!

/Exit/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]   To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the Market! [Ai and Kaia. Private.]
Page 1 of 1