Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only] Empty
PostSubject: Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only]   Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Mission Taken: Mailman:

“We're a bit short handed today so I'll need you to deliver a few letters for me. The names and addresses can be found on the envelopes. I don't have to tell you not to open them, do I?”, the man behind the desk asked as he handed the three envelopes out towards Jayr.

A small frown slipped onto Jayr's face as she took the envelopes. “No, you don't.”, she said simply. She didn't want to get into it with the guy who would be paying her for this job completed, so she kept herself from adding anything else. Besides, the last thing she wanted was to end up in her father's office for reasons that wouldn't be good.

Jayr walked out of the building, waiting until she was outside and out of the air conditioning before actually looking down at the envelopes in her hand: the names on them were, Yen, Kei, and Lee and the addresses were ones she was familiar with. She reached into her pouch at her hip as she so often did and pulled out her all too familiar MP3 player and ear bud headphones. After popping the ear buds into her ears and cranking the volume of her MP3 player on she took off, heading towards Lee's house first as that was the closest of the three deliveries she had to make that day.

Word Count: 231 / 100
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only]   Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Lee's house was close, only two blocks away. Thankfully the streets weren't very busy due to the earliness of the hour and so she didn't encounter much resistance in the form of crowds of both the locals and tourists who were early risers. Because of how well Jayr knew the village and it's little short cuts she cut down an alleyway that would save her time. She ran as she went, hopping and jumping over boxes in her way or other smaller objects: she loved to run about as much as she loved music – which was pumping through her eardrums from the ear buds that were secured there.

Jayr came out of the alley way about two buildings away from Lee's house. She turned left and crossed the last of the distance at a quick walk. She glanced over to a clock that hung conveniently in the shop window and realized it was still early. Not wanting to risk waking up Lee if he was still in bed she bent down and slipped the letter into his mail slot after ensuring it was the correct one. With Lee's letter out of the way Jayr turned to the last two in her hands and looked at them: both Kei and Yen were right next to each other though they were several blocks away.

Tucking the letters safely into her pouch pocket without folding them she took off again down the street...

Word Count: 241 + 231 = 472
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only]   Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Alley ways were great fun and easy routes to travel unless people happened to choose to use them to move furniture: which of course was Jayr's current problem. Up ahead some young men who looked to be in about their twenties were moving a couch, each holding onto one end of it, and had the alley way blocked. Thinking quickly Jayr noticed an escape ladder for a building right above them and the aforementioned couch. Thinking quickly and knowing she couldn't stop herself at the speeds in which she was moving without slipping, falling on her butt, and likely damaging the letters, she leaped up at the last moment and grabbed a hold of the bottom rung of the latter. Gripping it tightly and thankful she always wore black fingerless gloves, she used the momentum of her run and the jump to swing her bottom half of her body forward. When she had enough height she let go and allowed herself to launch, feet first, forward. Up and over the couch she soared, turning midair so that after she cleared the couch she landed on her feet.

“Wooo! Nice moves!”

“That was awesome!”

Jayr just grinned at the two guys, gave a way, and then took off running again. Down another alley way and then another, Jayr was lucky she didn't run into any more obstacles. A few boxes were jumped over and a very pissed off cat was avoided by an expert leap onto a closed garbage can and then back off on the other side.

Jayr reached her destination within about ten minutes of her last and skidded to a stop in front of Kei's door. She reached into her pouch, pulled out the two letters, and after ensuring that she had the right one she slid it into Kei's mail slot.

She then hopped off of Kei's porch and headed next door, being careful to stay off the lawn as his sign so politely said, and did the same with Yen's letter. With her task completed she turned back again, headphones still blaring, and walked back to go collect her payment....

Word Count: 356 + 472 = 828
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only]   Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Through Rain, Sleet, and Snow [Job, Invite Only]
Page 1 of 1