Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Nearly Died, But I Did It [Mission, Invite Only]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

I Nearly Died, But I Did It [Mission, Invite Only] Empty
PostSubject: I Nearly Died, But I Did It [Mission, Invite Only]   I Nearly Died, But I Did It [Mission, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Mission Taken – Wildfire Control:

The fire's were getting closer to the village. Wildfire's were something that happened each and every year; they were like clockwork with the season after all. However... they normally didn't get this close and if they got any closer then the lives of the villagers would be in danger. That wasn't good: which was why her father had decided to send teams in to help put a stop to them before they got any worse. Since Jayr didn't have Katon abilities or Suiton abilities that meant she got to dig.

Which was precisely what she was doing right now. A shovel was already in Jayr's hand; the heat from the nearby fires making her sweat while the smoke caused her already mild cough – she was just getting over a cold after all – to act up and worsen. Still, as long as she was able to breath she didn't care. Her village needed protected and it was all hands on deck.

Coughing Jayr pushed the shovel once more into the soil, a quick twist, and she loosened it to then shovel it properly into the nearby pile in the wheel barrel. The soil was moist and what she was digging up was being used to smother out the smaller fires nearby. So, essentially, they needed it as fast as she could dig it up. Into the soil again, another shovel full gained, and it too was deposited into the wheel barrel.

This process was repeated over fifty times with each shovel adding more and more to the pile of moist earth. Once it was full she dropped the shovel near the hole and moved the wheel barrel over to join to the rest that were in line waiting to be used.

As she was turning to get a fresh one to fill up with more earth she heard her name called and looked over. “Jayr! Take this axe, get to chopping at that underbrush! We've got to keep it from spreading to the forests edge!” Jayr nodded without comment, took the axe that was handed to her, and headed off at a jog to the area that had been pointed out.

She could feel the wind blowing and knew that he was right: if this brush was left here then it would catch fire soon enough. And so Jayr got started clearing it away; each swing of her axe causing more of the underbrush to be cleared away. She could see someone out of the corner of her eye gathering up what she was cutting down. A wheel barrel was being loaded nearby; obviously the underbrush cuttings was going to be taken to a safe spot where it wouldn't burn.

With the pair working side by side they were capable of clearing it all away; keeping the fire from spreading. “Jayr, you're done for the day. Go get some rest. You might want to get checked out at the hospital; ive been hearing you hack up a lung for a while now.”

“I'm alright, it's just the rest of the flu I'm getting over.”

“Alright, be safe.”

Jayr nodded and left: a shower and bed was in order.

Word Count: 693 / 250
Back to top Go down

I Nearly Died, But I Did It [Mission, Invite Only]
Page 1 of 1