Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sepholin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seph
Chunnin
Chunnin
Seph

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Sepholin 759240

Basics!
Name: Sepholin
Birthdate: July 11
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Village: Fubukigakure no Sato
Element(s): Water
Specialties: Genjutsu
Special Characteristics: None

Appearance!

Height:
6'0"
Weight: 166 lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Dark brown
General Description:

Sepholin is a fair-skinned man, standing 6 feet tall with straight, dark brown hair. Growing up, Sepholin's clothing mirrored that of a hunter/tracker. He is an excellent tracker and cook. His diet is very meat oriented. He has taken a great interest in history, geography and social interactions, specifically, how they are affected by war.

In his later years, Sepholin traditionally wears a black hakama covered by a long off-white kimono jacket and occasionally carries a sword. His hair is slicked back with a single strand in front of his face. His smile is usually effortless and constant, regardless of the situation. He has no tattoos, piercings or other noticeable markings. He is always clean shaven and for the most part abhors facial hair.

About You!
Personality:

While he was rowdy in his earlier years, Sepholin has spent almost 10 years of his life locked away in a frozen prison via cryopreservation, with his only freedom being reflective thought. As a result, he often spends periods of time deliberating and may sometimes fail to reply to someone aloud. Sepholin has a natural affinity towards the idea of illusions and deception and as a result, is often delusional himself. Extended isolation may have suppressed symptoms of schizophrenia. Due to such unnatural isolation, Sepholin who once viewed his village as superior, now views himself as superior, many times requiring allegiance over an alliance.

Sepholin is a pleasant, soft-spoken intellectual. He rarely shows any signs of anxiety or stress, and often has entire situations planned out well in advance. As a child he was very independent and self-confident which developed to appearing arrogant and condescending. Sepholin is aloof and unemotional when confronted, attempting to draw out a conversation and make small talk, which can often be infuriating. He has an uncanny ability to read people and can often predict how someone will act or react.

While he may appear to be very kind, this is a mask to disguise his manipulative and very dangerous nature. In truth, he cares very little for people in general and sees them more as a means to his obsessive ends. He is willing to use anyone and any means to accomplish his goals, including manipulating or killing anyone if he deems it necessary.

History:

At an early age, Sepholin took issues with the way the country was being run. Never having actually left the country, all he could rely on were the stories of shinobi who had spent time in other countries and villages. The warriors in other villages were cowards, manipulated by rich, fat, bald men that dangled puppet strings. Like a child, he held on to these stories which may or may not have initiated his twisted view of politics. His beginnings were poor. His father was a hunter, specializing in laying traps for small game. His mother passed away after Sepholin went missing for a decade. She went out looking for him and never returned. When she was alive, she took care of the house. Sepholin had siblings, but he was never fond of them, not in the way that most siblings are. He had a peaceful upbringing, but all that peace meant for him was frustration. Seph wanted to fight and his father finally agreed to let him join the academy if Seph also went along with him on his hunts and learned how to track and set traps. Seph agreed and he would wake up extra early and learn from his father before heading to the academy.

Seph's father did not expect him to stay at the academy for long, and when Seph became a Genin, no on from his family was there. Still, he was determined and disciplined. He exceeded his fathers skill at tracking and created newer, more intricate traps daily. He had no interest in killing the animals, only in seeing how they reacted to the obstacles he placed in their paths. He took quite a fascination to illusion techniques and spent hours on end practicing. He became a Chuunin less than a year later and was a candidate for the villages ANBU special ops division. He declined on principal alone, refusing to serve at the hand of a Hikage who he viewed as a coward. Instead, he accepted an offer to the villages Information and Interrogation squad, a division that no longer exists. After working in this sector for almost a year, he was promoted and soon he was privy to a plethora of information regarding not only the village, but also of the country's Daimyos. It was during this time that information leaked regarding the location and level of security of a family member of a feudal lord. This assassination, however, was not enough to spark a war. Months later, Sepholin was able to attend a meeting in which feudal lords from different countries were present. Seeing them bicker but generally get along was not what he expected.

Fubuki had opted out of the war, content with sitting behind it's icy and mountainous shield. Fubuki's neutral stance infuriated Seph even more, and since a snowball could not tip the scales, he decided that an avalanche could. In a fit of rage, he set out to find what many dismissed as a myth and what few have whispered about over a cup of wine about a fireplace: the Dragon King. With it's power subdued, Fubuki would have to fear no nation and could expand beyond the shackles of the slabs of ice and rock that confined it. Weeks passed in the tundra of snow and ice before Sepholin fell deep into the mountains and found the tomb of ice that encased the Ice King of Dragons. Heavily injured, he found that both he and the dragon were trapped. When he offered to share his chakra, he was put into a deep sleep for 10 years, during which he was conscious but unable to move. After a year of him missing, his mother set out to look for him and never returned. Her body was taken by the cold, most figured, though it was never found. Sepholin spent the years in a state of deep meditation. Instead of his mind deteriorating, he found that certain aspects were sharpened and often focused on and blended the ideas of his affinity for genjutsu and hunting. The dragon sustained his life and he knew he would escape one day.

RP Sample:

Underneath the surface of ice and rock, in the lands of what was once a proud and stable nation, now lies only darkness and despair. The air is cold and still, leaving only what creatures could survive in the lost caverns to hold their breaths, lest the noise attract larger predators. They could feel it. They know what sleeps beneath the ice and none would dare wake it. For years, fear gripped them all and it was as real as the frigid air and jagged ice beneath their claws and hoofs. This one hadn't found food in almost a week. As far as predators went, it was at the bottom of the food chain, but it was clever. It never knew sunlight and it's claws could grasp it's footing quickly and silently. Instinct taught it to control it's breathing as it stepped and ducked through the crevasse. This cavern was larger than the others. There was a drastic change in air flow and the ground felt... different. Not like the icy rock it was used to. There was never anything to eat in this cavern. Nothing came here. The front paws muscled forward, despite all inclinations. Faint were the smells of blood and bone and it was this scent that drew the creature. Something died here many years ago. Something that could be dug up and devoured. Driven mad by hunger, it inched closer to the center of the cavern where the cold seemed to hit the back of it's throat and seep into the body. It was born in the cold, but this was different.

A shadow formed as it got closer. A shadow armored in a breastplate, gauntlets, leggings and a helmet of ice. This shadow grew eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Eyes that slept, that should not be disturbed. The fear that was once held back by agonizing hunger and a realization of a slow and impending death now crept up from it's stomach and gripped it by the throat. It mis-stepped and it's front paw shot through a thick webbing covered by a thin sheet of ice; not a rock covered in ice. A wild yelp filled the cavern and echoed for what seemed like hours. Silence followed. It's stomach rumbled, deeper and heavier than before. It knew it was hungry and paid it little mind as it struggled to free It's dangling paw. But it heard the rumbling once more a slab of ice crack and fell shattering near it's tail. The figure enveloped by shadow and ice was not alone. Something else was in this cave, it was that thing that smelled like death. Not it's own death, but as if death followed it around. The creature yanked it's paw out, drawing blood as it scraped against grit and bone. The paw was injured, but it would work well enough to run back out the crevasse and into a more familiar darkness.

The bleeding increased with every step and it's breathing was sporadic and frantic. It was dead. If whatever in the cavern didn't devour it, by now every other predator had caught it's scent and was heading it's way. But the sounds of ice shattering in the distance was more than enough to stop every living creature in it's tracks. Then a piercing roar erupted, causing the ice and even the rock to tremble. What was sleeping is now awake. The rock and ice sent flying and for the first time, it saw the light of the sun. The air whirled as it had never did under the ground, but this cold was nothing in comparison. It's body jerked and twitched, but it could only look up to see what had flown through the debris and into the light. It's eyes were blinded, but It's mind still held on to the image of the winged, scaled creature; it's skeletal body, It's webbed torso and wings and it's jaws, riddled with bone fangs. That, and the shadowy figure that rode it, it's eyes now open. It held that image in it's twitching head until the predator dug too deep into it's stomach and dislocated it's spinal chord. The ice is stained in crimson, as it was, as it will be.

Faceclaim: Sousuke Aizen (Bleach)

Word Count:
History: 700
RP Sample: 761

Last edited by Seph on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:52 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Changing history and rp sample)
Back to top Go down
Jai
Commander General of Hanagakure no Sato
Jai

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Unfortunately, Fubukigakure is no longer a hidden village due to plot, and the rank of Hikage is unobtainable.
Back to top Go down
Seph
Chunnin
Chunnin
Seph

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Yeah, i was told it had fallen on hard times. If you guys need it to not be a village for the plot, that's one thing. But I was told that if I could get rid of the missing-nin and bring order to it that it can become a village again and that it would need a kage. If there's no hope for that, i can pick another village
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Seph wrote:
Yeah, i was told it had fallen on hard times. If you guys need it to not be a village for the plot, that's one thing. But I was told that if I could get rid of the missing-nin and bring order to it that it can become a village again and that it would need a kage. If there's no hope for that, i can pick another village
Im sorry, but who told you of this? Staff already has something in mind for the village; with that being said, I would like to clear up any misinformation your informant has.
Back to top Go down
Seph
Chunnin
Chunnin
Seph

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 3:41 am

Unfortunately I'm still new and don't really remember all the people I've talked to so far in the chat. But hopefully all is not lost.

I have enough words to come in as a Jounin(S) rank, and the writing should be up to par. Is that an option? If I do another village, I'll have to almost revamp the entire thing.
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 8:18 am

Alright, uh, let me step in here a second and explain things since there were a few changes made yesterday evening.

There is no Jounin S rank freebie for any village: we never allowed that rank to be open to anyone minus who all got Kage spots. Otherwise it's a rank that can only be earned via RP.

As far as Fubuki goes: Vivian (the highest ranking Fubuki person) came to staff yesterday afternoon and things were changed up a bit: Fubuki will become an actual village once more. With that said and given what has transpired within the village, as well as Vivian's training/stats/rank she's going to be the Hikage because she was the highest ranked Fubuki member after the previous Hikage went inactive and was NPC killed off. I believe there is an open Chuunin slot in that village that will be left, but that's it.

With that said there are no high ranked village slots anywhere in the villages anymore: they've already been taken up. The most any village has is Chuunin remaining.
Back to top Go down
Seph
Chunnin
Chunnin
Seph

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 11:54 am

Not to be difficult here, but if there is a Jounin who becomes Kage, wouldn't that mean that there's another Jounin spot available? Since, you know, they're no longer a Jounin?
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Unfortunately, no. That's not how it works. Once a freebie slot for a village has been claimed that spot is gone, even if that character ranks up to another position.
Back to top Go down
Seph
Chunnin
Chunnin
Seph

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Cool, applying for Chuunin rank then ^_^
Back to top Go down
Seph
Chunnin
Chunnin
Seph

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:03 pm

bump for approval.
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Your history is long, I'll give you that; but it reads like one giant RP sample. One that reads like you adjusted it from another place, really. We need an actual history for the character itself, not just a small glimpse into one or two things they've done, or one specific time period of their lives. That's what, if anything, the RP sample section itself would be for.

You need a better description as well; it needs to be more detailed. You talk about your character like he's significantly older than he is. Not many 25 year old would speak of themselves that way; even ones that spent a long time imprisoned.
Back to top Go down
Seph
Chunnin
Chunnin
Seph

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Okay, we talked in the chat and I revamped the history, since I only need a minimum of 600 words for Chuunin rank. I also rearranged the rp sample and added more detail to the general description. What I had before was written for this site and for this character, so I'll probably end up using it as an rp. I also added more to the personality, so hopefully this should be good and ready for approval
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sepholin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepholin   Sepholin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sepholin
Page 1 of 1