Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Park's the Place to Be [Open]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Artemis

The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Artemis was in the midst of picking up another piece of fruit from her own bowl and bringing it to her mouth when someone approached and then crouched down. She grinned a bit at the comment and nodded. ”Honestly, before I found her neither had I.” Artemis then shifted her attention down to Fa Mulan and poked her gently on the ear with her free hand – the other still holding the piece of fruit. ”Are you going to say hello, Fa Mulan?” She had every intention of getting Fa Mulan as comfortable with socializing as possible, and now was a great chance to do just that.

Fa Mulan looked up at her for a moment and then to the masked stranger. Quite clearly the monkey spoke, ”'Ello human.” Well, at least she wasn't pronouncing it 'hooman' anymore, so that was definitely a bonus. Fa Mulan then grabbed another piece of fruit out of the bowl and shoved it in her mouth, chewing it while returning to staring at the monkey in the book.

Artemis simply chuckled and shook her head slightly; the silly monkey was definitely silly. She then shifted her attention fully onto the masked individual, figuring she should be polite. ”I'm Artemis by the way.”
Back to top Go down
Sasayaki
Genin
Genin
Sasayaki

PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 1:46 pm

The monkey spoke. Behind his mask, Sasayaki's mouth mad a small 'o' shape of surprise, his eyebrows rising into his bangs for just a moment before he collected himself again. The monkey, apparently named Fa Mulan, was not just a simple pet then. His teachers had told him of monkeys and other animals having the capability of speaking when they had a companionship with shinobi, but he hadn't exactly been expecting to witness it himself. The only animals that he'd ever really had the pleasure to work with had been harsh and feral things. Training against them with his brothers and their teacher's watchful eyes. He was a little stunned. So, this was what the companion of a shinobi could be? Talking animals. He'd almost been starting to think that his teachers had simply told them old fairy tales. Seeing that it was true was odd.

For a moment, Sasayaki found himself wondering if he would ever have an animal companion. It would certainly be interesting. He wouldn't be alone anymore... but he never wanted to have to see the blood of such a companion spilled. The risk of turning his own blade upon it was there if he was ordered to, like he had with his brothers. Keeping himself distanced from other people was better than feeling that kind of pain again. Sasayaki pushed those thoughts away and found himself smiling at the girl and her animal companion. He blinked when she gave him her name, and gave a small nod of his head. “I am called Sasayaki.” he replied quietly, introducing himself, before sitting cross legged and following his introduction with a question. Curiosity was one of his downfalls, but it was a useful trait for one who gathered information, and he looked at them with bright eyes behind his mask. “You said that you found her? Is it really that simple as that? That she can speak shows how talented she is. You look like a well matched pair.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Artemis watched the masked individual sit down and then listened to the question. It caused her to pause and think: in truth the journey to finding her albino companion was anything but easy. However, she saw no issue in revealing what had happened: surely enough civilians roaming the village had both heard and saw the commotion, so the rumors would spread anyway. She looked down at Fa Mulan and handed her another bowl of fruit as she finished off her current; it would keep her occupied during the trip down memory lane.

”Eh, it's not really as simple as it sounds, no. I happened across her after she escaped the people who had her in the market: I realized they were poachers. I knew nothing good would come from that, so I gained her trust and hid her.” She glanced down at Fa Mulan, checking to see how the monkey was handling the story only to find her totally focused on the book, flipping through pages to find another picture of a monkey.

”Anyway... Their boss came along though and didn't like the idea of having lost his trophy so yeah... it got kind of nasty. But, my sensei showed up and things turned around for the better.. Thankfully she hadn't been injured by them; and she was surprisingly healthy.” She grinned a bit and looked down at the monkey who was now stuffing fruit into her mouth again. "I didn't realize until afterward how special she was..."
Back to top Go down
Sasayaki
Genin
Genin
Sasayaki

PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Sasayaki's hands curled around his ankles as he listened to the Artemis' story about how she had gained such a companion as the one that she now had. The monkey certainly was one with an interesting appearance. It wasn't surprising that poachers would go after a creature such as her. To the poachers, she probably would have fetched quite a price if they found the correct sort of buyer, though he didn't imagine that it would have been remotely pleasant for the monkey. It had been a lucky circumstance that had led them to be together. Life was sometimes kind like that to people. The story was heartwarming, and seeing the way the monkey looked so happy with Artemis, it was obviously the correct thing to happen for the two of them. Companionship. It was a nice concept, and one that he was, if he admitted it, slightly jealous of because he knew that he probably would never have it again. At least, not in an intimate fashion.

“I see.” Sasayaki nodded, tilting his head slightly as he watched the monkey eating the fruit, studying her mannerisms, and he even gave a soft chuckle at her motions before giving a serious reply. “I'm sorry that you and she had to go through something like that. People like poachers are the worst sort." He replied, and turned his head back to looking at Artemis. He was being honest, but he also he knew that if he was given orders to hunt down a rare creature and act as a poacher he would do it. For him, there was no questioning orders. There was just doing. For his sake, and his brother's sakes. He wouldn't let them or his teachers down. He couldn't. Not after everything that had happened, after everything that had been ingrained in his core. Still, people who hunted animals simply for sport and money, without morals, they were people that he couldn't condone. Orders or no, he did have his core morality, even if he had to break that sometimes.  

"How long have you been together? If you don't mind me asking?" He paused for a moment and a look of hesitance passed under his mask. It was probably a little strange the way he'd just approached her and started asking questions about her pet, wasn't it? He must have been desperate to talk to someone more than a simple agreement or nod of thanks to people he'd been interacting with in the village so far. He hadn't actually talked to anyone since he and his brothers had their last test. Suddenly he felt a little uncomfortable. At least it was her doing most of the talking about herself, with him just asking questions. He hoped that the conversation would not swing towards himself. "It sounds as if you've not been together for that long, judging on the way you tell your story... and your book." Sasayaki paused and motioned to it before continuing, "But, she looks quite comfortable with you.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Artemis couldn't help but agree with his statement about poachers; it was after all the entire reasoning for her stepping in and taking the ass beating that had been given to her up until her sensei had arrived and saved the day – they hadn't liked her refusing them the knowledge of the monkey's location after all. ”Yes they are. I fully understanding hunting for food, or even for tools. But to kill something for the pure sport of it? It goes against everything I stand for.”

”Monkey not food!” Fa Mulan suddenly said; looking right up at Artemis as she spoke. Artemis smiled and nodded in agreement. ”No, no you're not. You're a friend.”

”Friend. Friend!” Fa Mulan repeated, suddenly bouncing in place on Artemis' lap. Artemis couldn't help but laugh fully. Fa Mulan had a very adorable side to her, and it showed often, but each time it was like a fresh and new experience: an enjoyable one.

Artemis then turned her attention back on Sasayaki and smiled. ”A little less then a week now. But, she learns fast. Of course, that means I have to learn even faster about her.”, she answered, not mind the questions at all. ”Thankfully, Karukaya sensei has been helping me out. Otherwise I think I'd be rather lost.”

”Not lost. In park, Art Art!”, Fa Mulan said, looking up at her in the midst of putting more fruit into her mouth.

Artemis looked down at the monkey and smiled gently. ”Aye, but lost has many different meanings. In this case I meant I'd be less then prepared.” The monkey, seeming satisfied with this answer shoved the piece of fruit in her mouth and chewed it up.
Back to top Go down
Sasayaki
Genin
Genin
Sasayaki

PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Sasayaki was about to nod when he paused as the monkey spoke again. It was adorable to see them interacting with each other. The monkey's excitement and happiness could be seen in the way that she bounced in her master's lap. He couldn't help but let out a chuckle as the monkey did this. Friends. He missed Hakai, Kusuburi and Fuyu, no matter how much he tried not to. Still, smiling at the pair he leaned back, his hands resting on the ground behind him now to support himself as he listened to the girl. He half wanted to assure the monkey that she was a friend as well, but he kept quiet.

Only about a week. Wow. They had grown that close that fast? Sure, he and his brothers had become close, but that was because they had all been very little when they had first met. To become that close with someone now would be very difficult for someone like him. Still, perhaps it was because it was an animal and Artemis had saved Fa from a less than welcome fate? Sasayaki's thoughts wandered over the reasoning's for a moment before nodding and waiting for the monkey to speak. Artemis seemed to have a very motherly... was it? Instinct with the creature. It was nice seeing her teach Fa Mulan what certain words meant.

“Animals are often smarter than they appear to be at first. It's not often that only instinct guides them.” Sasayaki hummed, repeating words that one of his sensei's had once said to him before giving them a task involving some. Of course, he and his brothers hadn't had the luxury of reading up on them before doing the task. Trial by fire, research later, had become a common way for their training. “I'm sure you'll be an expert on Fa before you're finished. You already seem well versed in teaching her and caring for her." He assured her. This dark haired girl seemed a bit like him in the way she spoke of her sensei, and he liked that. She sounded dedicated to at least her sensei, if not the village and orders as well. “Your sensei is lucky to have a student like you, willing to learn."

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 12:53 pm

”Aye, I agree. When I first saw Fa Mulan I noticed something in her eyes that told me she was even smarter then the average monkey. With a bit more training she'll be well on her way...” Fa Mulan nodded in agreement while shoving more fruit into her mouth; this time two pieces instead of one – she was picking out the kiwi currently and ignoring the rest. Kiwi was one of her favorite foods and therefore Artemis had ensured to add more then enough to the bowls of fruit she had prepared befor they left.

”I'm lucky to have a sensei like the one I have. I'm only doing so well because of his help; otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd be a lot more lost then I am when it comes to dealing with Fa Mulan. Even still, I know I've got a long way to go.”

”My human teach good.” Fa Mulan managed to get out in between shoving pieces of fruit into her mouth and chewing them up. Artemis just chuckled a bit.[/color][/color]
Back to top Go down
Sasayaki
Genin
Genin
Sasayaki

PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Sasayaki gave a nod in agreement with the monkey, it was clear that the older looking girl had taught the monkey very well so far, and he didn't doubt that she would continue to teach the monkey to be an absolutely brilliant companion.  “I can see that, Fa Mulan." He replied to the monkey.“You're lucky."

Sasayaki hesitated about continuing this conversation with the girl and her monkey. One, he had probably intruded far enough into their personal lives. Two, should he continue talking, there was a chance that friendship could be kindled. And that... that wasn't a thing that he was looking for quite yet. The life of a shinobi was dangerous. Friendship led to tears being shed over one another. And shinobi weren't supposed to cry. They weren't supposed to let their emotions get the better of them. Though, it would be lying to say that he hadn't let his emotions get the better of him one time or another. It was why he liked his mask. Hidden facial features meant the possibility of emotional manipulation was slim to none.

“Thanks for sating my curiosity." Sasayaki hummed and moved to stand and take his leave. Perhaps he'd return home for the day and train in private. He was sure his senseis would disapprove if he continued to hold off. “I've taken enough of your time, I'll leave you be now. Perhaps we'll see each other at a later date. Good luck with continuing training Fa Mulan."

Total Thread Word Count: 2534
Trained:
  • Fuuton: D->C 1000/1000
  • Fuuton: C->B 1500/1500

[Exit Thread, unless stopped. ]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Park's the Place to Be [Open]   The Park's the Place to Be [Open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Park's the Place to Be [Open]
Page 1 of 1