Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 11:12 am

Well, that was handled far better then she expected it to be: and she didn't mind at all Temaki's questions about which 'type' she was. Honestly, it amused her quite a bit, which showed clearly through the smile on her face. She sat down at the table in front of her own plate and picked up a piece of fruit. She popped it into her mouth, chewed for a moment as she contemplated how to answer, and then swallowed. ”I cannot feel pain when I'm in my rage, and Genjutsu doesn't affect my either. When this first started I became faster and stronger, too, though. However, after all of that training it seems I've hit a definite ceiling.”

Another piece of fruit was added to her mouth, chewed, and swallowed. ”Of course, it takes its toll. I'm weaker afterward. But, that's to be expected.” She then looked to Karu and grinned. ”I don't normally have a short fuse per say; it takes a lot to get under my skin. It's just when it happens... yeah.” She fell silent then, working on eating a piece of bacon to silence her own growling stomach.
Back to top Go down
Temaki
Rakuenkage
Rakuenkage
Temaki

I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 am

Temaki grinned fully, mischievously, at Karu's comment. ”I like being explosive. Personality wise and otherwise.” She popped a piece of sausage in her mouth as she listened to Jayr explain about her own Berserker Rage. To hear that she was both types mixed into one caused Temaki's eyebrows to raise: that had to suck in a manner of speaking. She knew that those who suffered from the syndrome often hit a 'down period' in which they were weaker and more susceptible to damage. It wasn't exactly the easiest thing to deal with.

”How did your dad handle it? He knows, right?”, she asked curiously. Of course, Jayr could always refuse to answer, but she was just simply too curious at the moment not to ask.
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 2:22 am

Fooood. So much food. So much good food. His stomach decided to growl again, this time he shut it up with an entire fried egg straight down his throat. He was used to eat more and faster, so it was easy. Coen was settled down next to Karu, or as close as he could be without feeling like he was bugging anyone, and started working over his fruits, much slower than Karu, even starving he took his time eating.

"Makes sense; with that kind of an adrenaline boost you're basically burning yourself out pretty hard." He passed over Temaki's comment with a light snort, shaking his head in amusement as he shoved more food down his throat. When he was hungry, he was HUNGRY. If he'd wanted to, he could have been a professional eater, but he preferred helping people to being a glutton. It wasn't like he didn't burn it off pretty fast once he got to work.

WC: 167

2526 + 167= 2693/3250
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:55 pm

”Fairly well, actually. He's the one who went with me to the appointment. Plus, he stood by my decision when I said I didn't want to go back. The doctor purposely riled me up until going into the rage; strapped me down as soon as I snapped too. I dunno who wanted to kill him worse that day: myself, or my father. But, that's how we found out that I still respond to my family, and to people I truly care about, when I'm like that. Good thing too...”

Jayr opened her mouth to say more when suddenly a knock on the door caused an eyebrow to raise: they hadn't been bothered the entire week they were “um, yeahing”. So, it was a bit of surprise to be bothered now. Considering she had finished the majority of her plate where as Temaki had just started on hers she stood up. ”I'll get it, you keep eating.”

She crossed out of the kitchen, Cana instantly going into over-protective mode and abandoning her own food to follow her. Jayr opened the door to find a messenger on the other side. She took the letter, nodding her thanks, and shut the door. She opened the letter and as she began to read her skin paled, greatly.

”Miss Kyamalie.

You asked me to write to you if there were any changes with your sister in your absence. She has recently been sneaking out of the hospital, and has done so again. She also is refusing treatment until your return. I do not believe she got along well with our newest doctor and that very well could be part of the problem: but you didn't hear that from me.

Sincerely,
Miss Ying

Jayr's mouth formed the words refusing treatment as she read the letter a second time; Cana not liking her body language nor it's sudden tension whined softly beside her. Jayr's hands shook slightly as she refolded up the letter. ”It would seem my vacation is done a little earlier then planned. I have two sisters; my twin Kadima and a younger sister whose ten named Mitsukai. Mitsukai has been chronically ill since she was a baby and that was a letter from the hospital... she's refusing treatment until I return, she keeps running away. Some of the treatments hurt and not all the doctors are willing to take their time and ensure there's as little pain as possible...”

She went over and gave a quick hug to everyone; and then grabbed the last piece of bacon off of her plate and shoved it in her mouth as Cana was finishing up her goodbyes too. ”I'll tell my dad to be expecting you soon... Come on Cana.” And with that she was gone.

[Thread Exit]
Back to top Go down
Temaki
Rakuenkage
Rakuenkage
Temaki

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Temaki listened carefully, glad to hear that Jayr's father was so supportive. Most parents of those inflicted with such a thing liked to have them locked up or committed: it spoke volumes for the kind of person that Jai was to be willing to stand by his daughter during such a dark hour.

Temaki was just bringing a sausage link to her mouth when she heard the knock on the door. However, since Jayr said she would get it she simply nodded and popped the piece of meat into her pie hole before chewing it up thoroughly. She was in the middle of bringing another piece to her mouth when a whine out of Blast caused her to look over in time to see Jayr turning several shades of increasing whiteness. Her body language, and Cana's own reaction to her, were enough for Temaki to surmise that whatever was in that letter wasn't good news.

Temaki then listened carefully as Jayr quickly explained that she had two sisters: a twin and a younger sister with an illness. This younger sister was refusing treatment and running away because Jayr wasn't there to take care of her. Nodding in understanding she returned Jayr's hug and patted her on the back. ”We'll be along in a few days. Go, take care of your family. We'll see you soon enough.”, she responded.

She then watched as Jayr finished her goodbyes, as well as Cana, before leaving quickly...
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Oh dear, that had to be tough. He'd never had to deal with anything like that, his younger siblings had all been perfectly healthy, thankfully. His family wasn't rich by far, but his parents had done well for themselves, so they'd always had very good medical care growing up; on top of good schooling and plenty to keep themselves happy and busy. He'd had a good life so far, and he was grateful for that. It'd given him the health, strength, and that little bit of a leg up early in life to make his transition into the military and ninja lifestyle easier; and allowing him to be able to focus more on getting better than catching up, as many people spent their Genin years doing. It was that boost that had let him push so hard, and move up so quickly; allowed him to save up to buy his own apartment by 15, an extra lot to add to by 16, and raise a kangaroo without risking doing into debt or struggling to pay the bills and keep his baby healthy.

Oh, bad news; he could read body language like a pro, he was a taijutsu user after all, and reading body language was a very handy skill when you wanted to know what your opponent was doing. Most fighters, even well trained masters, projected their next move; the subtle twitch of muscles, shifting of weight, even a darting of the eyes to check the area around them. Hearing her explanation, "Yes, family first, always. Be careful heading back." He was passing over the information about the doctor testing her berserker rage; he was filing that away for later, when they where in the country he might just have to go stop by their medical facilities and have a... talk, with the medics and such. It sounded like they had a surplus of jackasses running the show.

Coen was quiet during the conversation, he was processing what was being said and trying to make sense of it. Most of the time he was fine when it came to people having conversations now; but some things still went over his head. He wasn't used to talk of berserkers and sickness and the like, so he was trying to put it all in context. "Daddy, her sister is sick? The doctors can't make her better?"

"Not everyone can be made better right away. Some people have problems that never really go away; they can control the problems and stay mostly healthy, but it takes time and a lot of work."

"Oh... I don't like that."

"I don't either, but that's how things are. There are always medics working on finding new cures and such for the illnesses that we can't fix right now."

"Okay. Can I help?"

"No idea, dear. When we go to visit, you can ask."

"Okay!" He went back to finishing off his plate of fruits and oatmeal, taking his plate to the sink when he finished. Without even being asked, he started washing the dishes and such that were there, "I'll wash.~ I like to wash dishes.~"

Oh Coen, such a good kid. "So Temaki... how long before we leave? I figure if I help you catch up and get ahead on paperwork, we can leave sooner. I've just gotta call Sato and let him know that Nagato and Megumi need to cover for me and I'm ready to go."

WC: 587

587 + 2693 = 3280/3250 END B0-B3
Back to top Go down
Temaki
Rakuenkage
Rakuenkage
Temaki

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 pm

”Thank you, Coen.” She couldn't help but smile; even if Blast had thumbs and fingers he likely wouldn't have been willing to do a task such as dishes – though he sure did like to dirty them up with his large appetite. Temaki looked towards the door Jayr had walked out of and sighed softly; she hoped she got back to Hanagakure alright, and that her sister wasn't too bad off. She knew first hand that dealing with illness was never pretty, and it was certainly never easy.

She was distracted by her thoughts, however, at Karukaya's question and therefore turned her attention onto him as she thought about an answer. ”Hm..” She picked up another piece of bacon but didn't eat it, instead she simply ripped it into pieces: her appetite was long gone by now. ”Well, I still want to send an official letter to Jai – I don't think he'd deny us a visit but I'd like to give him a chance – and also inform him of who all would be coming. Give or take how long it would take him to reply I'd say about three days from now we should be good to go. You're more then welcome to bring Artemis along; I'm sure she'd enjoy the chance to come.”

She leaned back in her chair, getting more comfortable, before taking a sip of her orange juice. ”There's a few things on my mind I want to speak to Jai about. The first issue is these attacks; and I'd like to know if there's been anymore since Jayr had arrived here. Secondly, I'd like to know if he's heard from any of the other villages recently; I've heard nothing from Fubuki for quite some time, and lately I haven't heard anything from Yokuchi either. The last thing is he has a niece living here, Emiko Sabure, and her parents from what I was reading in her file abandoned her at the age of six. She doesn't seem to have any more relatives around so I wanted to open up a sort of free passage agreement for the girl; this way she can travel back and forth without having to request permission.”
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 2:50 am

"Welcome.~ I like cleaning!~" Coen was smiling in that way that a kangaroo did, scrubbing away at the plates and such. He set them aside in the draining rack while he worked over what was in the sink before moving to drying them off. He'd watched Temaki pull things out, so he had a good idea of where stuff went. He did his best, which was to say, he did a damn good job, cause Karukaya did a good job of teaching him how to take care of himself, and that included chores and cleaning the house.

Karukaya leaned back in his chair a bit, reaching for the sky and pulling the muscles in his back until they stretched pleasantly; with all his joints and such back in alignment, he could stretch himself to his full height and then some. "Sounds good to me. I'll ask her when I get home, far as I know she's not on duty today, unless she decided to grab a random mission, or ten. That girl is efficient, I'll give her that. She's got a lot of potential, and with any luck I'll be able to help her cultivate it properly. I'm glad she was willing to stay with me after that fiasco with a squad test." Three days would give him all the time he'd need to pack, get Coen packed, help Art make a travel bag for Fa Mulan if she was coming, and put his affairs in order. He'd need to make sure all his bills where paid up for a while; which wasn't unusual for him, he tended to pay his bills up months in advanced since he could afford it, and he routinely left for missions at random. He didn't feel like coming home from a last second mission to find his water was turned off from non-payment, even though that was technically illegal. That didn't stop it from happening sometimes; he's come back from random long missions to find his electricity and water had been turned off for non-payment, and bitched up a storm over it. "Just let me know what time to meet up to leave."
Back to top Go down
Temaki
Rakuenkage
Rakuenkage
Temaki

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 8:42 am

Temaki nodded with a smile. For some reason she didn't foresee Artemis turning the chance down: getting to leave a village as a Genin to venture to another country wasn't exactly something they got to do all that often. Even under rare occasions it was normally a brief trip there and back; not an extended one like Temaki hoped this to be. She didn't foresee Jai saying no to their visit; at least due to the kind of picture that Jayr painted of her father – he sounded like a very fair individual.

Temaki yawned and stretched herself; she wanted to catch another few hours of sleep but knew it would be pointless to try. She had a lot of paperwork she had to get through, and while her secretary was proficient, there was no telling what kind of incidents she was going to come back to the office to. Especially after an unscheduled week long 'break'.

”Mm.. Give me like a day or two and I should have an exact time. Nothing too early in the morning: I'm a little too grouchy for anything before ten.”, she said with a grin.

She then sighed and looked over to Blast who was in middle of stretching his big body out. ”Well, buddy. Looks like it's time to head to the office and see what sort of stuff we missed...” Blast promptly laid down and covered his eyes with his giant paws, letting out a whine of a sound. Temaki laughed. ”I know, I don't want to do work either. But, if everything works out we'll have an official vacation in just three days and you won't have to worry about being stuck in my stuffy ol' office with me.”
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 4:12 am

"Yeeeeah, I'd be fine with a bit later in the day. I've never been happy with being an early bird, but with my hours, early bird doesn't really exist. Alright, I should have things squared away by then, so we'll be all good to head off." Coen finished up washing the dishes and walked over, scratching his arms and rubbing the fur so that it sat the way he liked.

"All done.~"

Karu shifted a bit, moving to stand up; they'd need to head out and start getting stuff settled if they wanted to get it done in time. "Well, if you're heading into the office, then we'll head home. Gotta make some phone calls and the like. Gunna be fun explaining where I've been for a week; they're used to me disappearing at random, but I normally have a mission as cover. This is gunna be an interesting one."

Knowing it was time to leave now, Coen moved over to Temaki and Blast and did his best attempt at a respectful bow; friends and whatever they all where to each other now or not, he had manners and used them, "Thank you for letting us stay, and for the food.~ It was delicious."

"That was some damn good food. I've got to cook for you one day, I'm told I'm pretty good at it. If the paperwork gets to be too much, come by my place and hide out; no one would expect that." He cackled a bit and started heading for the door; better to get moving now, before they got... distracted. "See ya.~"

Aaaand they where gone, heading home and to get things settled and ready to leave.

-Thread Exit-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]   I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Here for Business, and some Pleasure~ [Temaki, Karukaya, or Invite]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3