Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only] Empty
PostSubject: Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only]   Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Mission Taken: Transporting the Boxes:

Jayr blinked slowly, much like someone would do if they were confused and wondering if they weren't seeing something clearly. Had she just heard right? She had been tasked to transport a series of boxes from one storage room to another? Well, she needed the money, and beggars certainly couldn't be choosers. Plus, being willing to do the lowest of the low tasks would go a long way in making her look good to her superiors: besides, her father was the Commander, and she wanted to help him anyway she could, even if that task was simple manual labor.

So, pulling up her proverbial big girl panties she pushed her long golden blond hair behind her shoulders and turned, taking off towards the main village building. Each step taken took her closer, but she didn't hurry. Instead, she began digging through the bag that hung from her hip, searching for her MP3 player and ear bud headphones that would of course make this job more easier to handle.

Once she found what she was looking for and untangled her ear buds she popped them into her ear and ensured that the plug was situated in place. She then turned on the MP3 player and as soon as the music hit her ears she turned the volume up: she liked it loud. Once her music was good and playing she picked up the pace, bringing the building that she would be working in quicker into view.

Within a few minutes she reached the building and walked inside, a sigh of relief escaping her as the cool air conditioning hit her skin. She glanced around, noticing the receptionist desk off in the corner and headed over there, figuring that if anyone knew where she was supposed to be starting out it would be her. That was kind of her job, right? To know basically everything? That's what Jayr figured, anyway.

Word Count: 318 / 100
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only]   Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:05 pm

“Hello, how may I help you today?”, the receptionist asked as she looked up and took in Jayr's appearance who was busy removing an ear bud from her ear so that she could hear the other female. After several seconds the female seemed to recognize who the other female was and sat up a little straighter.

“Uh, yeah.”, Jayr said, hesitating a moment as she noticed the female's sudden response. “I was asked to come here and move some boxes. You know where I'm supposed to go?”

“Oh, yes of course! I was told someone would be stopping by for that. The storage room that you'll be getting the boxes from is just down the hall here; three doors down on your left.” The woman paused to pull a set of keys out of a drawer from behind the desk. Once she placed the keys on the table for Jayr to take she continued, “Those keys will allow you into both the old storage room and the new; no need to lock them continuously while you're working, just make sure they're locked up after. The storage room that you're moving the boxes to is located on the third floor; it's virtually on top of the old one so it shouldn't be too hard to find. If you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask Miss Kyamalie.”

“You can just call me Jayr, and thanks for your help.”
, Jayr said quickly as she took the keys off of the receptionists desk. She turned and started off abruptly, leaving the other female stuttering a response to her back. Jayr wasn't trying to be rude, but she really did hate it when people treated her differently just because of who her father was. Jayr simply popped the ear bud she had removed back into her ear and turned the corner and started down the hall, counting the doors until she reached the right one: the words STORAGE were written in big and bold black lettering that was completely capitalized – yeah, there was no way she would have missed that even if she hadn't counted the doors.

Word Count: 359 + 318 = 677
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only]   Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Jayr inserted the key into the door marked STORAGE and turned the knob. Several seconds after the door open a light blinked on before becoming steady and streaming its brightness into the tiny four walled room. There were no windows in this room, so the harshness of the light was understood, even though it caused Jayr to blink as her eyes adjusted to it.

Once her eyes had focused Jayr looked around and began to notice just how much work laid before her: there were five very large boxes, five medium sized ones, and ten smaller ones, as well as a trolly that would definitely come in handy when it came to moving them. Jayr leaned on the doorway and crossed her arms, biting at her lower lip as she contemplated exactly how she wanted to go about her task. The heavier boxes would likely tire her out the most, even with the use of the trolly, so it made sense to her to get those out of the way so that everything after that would be easy peasy.

With her plan in mind she loaded the trolly up, lifting with her knees as was so often drilled into her mind. She stacked two large boxes on to the trolly and after checking that she could see over them she grabbed the keys and left the door unlocked. She wheeled the trolly out of the storage room and shut the door behind her before starting the grueling task of pulling the trolly with the heavy large boxes up the steps. It took her a moment to find her rhythm, and music continued to pump through her ear buds, but soon enough she made it to the third floor and to the new STORAGE room. She unlocked the door and brought the boxes inside. She stacked them neatly in a corner and turned to head back downstairs with the trolly.

She got to the old storage room and stacked up another two large boxes. She repeated the same process as before and headed once more down the steps. She paused in the doorway of the new storage room and took a moment to wipe her head on her fingerless gloves: she was hot and sweaty already, and very glad she had chosen to move the large boxes first. With four of the five large boxes done, and the sweat out of her eyes, Jayr loaded the last of the large boxes onto the trolly and five of the smaller ones.

Word Count: 419 + 677 = 1,096 / 100
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only]   Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Jayr wheeled the last large box and five smaller boxes that were on the trolly down the hallway, pulled them up the steps to the third floor, and then down the hallway to the new storage room. She unloaded them the same as she had the last time and ensured that they were stacked neatly in the corner, leaving plenty of room for not only the rest of the boxes she had yet to bring up but any others that would be added later on. It would also make them easier to find too, in case someone had to get something out of them later on.

Back down the steps with the trolly Jayr went and back to the old storage room. She had five smaller boxes left and five medium boxes, and took a moment to pause and figure out how best to handle the last few. Thinking quickly she stacked two medium boxes on the trolly and three smaller ones. After securing them and ensuring that they wouldn't fall off she took them upstairs and deposited them with their brethren in the new storage room.

Back down the steps she went, trolly and all, where she loaded up the last few medium boxes and two smaller boxes. Again they were secured and she took them upstairs. Once she unloaded these last few boxes she looked down at herself; she was definitely tired and soaked in sweat but she was finally done. She wiped more sweat off of her forehead and stuck the trolly inside of the room, figuring that's where it would be better used since the other storage room was empty.

She locked the new storage room door and then headed downstairs and did the same to the old one. She then walked over to the receptionist's desk and put the keys down after removing her ear buds. “I'm all finished. All of the boxes were moved to the upper storage room and I left the trolly up there as well, I hope that's okay?”

The receptionist took the keys and put them back into a desk drawer. “That's fine, thank you for your help Miss Kyamalie.”

Jayr simply nodded in response and smiled before turning to walk out of the building as she put her ear buds back into her ears, wondering what sort of task lay ahead of her next.

Word Count: 395 + 1,096 = 1,491 / 100
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only]   Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doing some Manual Labor [Job, Invite Only]
Page 1 of 1