Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Sephora couldn't help but blush and smile at Kin's compliment: his words still effected her all of these years later, and caused her to act a little like a shy school girl when she heard them. "Thank you, dear.", she said softly before shifting her attention to the cloaks he held. She nodded to his words; it would be best to blend in. She didn't feel like having to deal with being bothered on her day off, likely anymore than he did, at least not on a day like today. Normally she was all for helping everyone, but today was turning out to be a special one and she wanted to keep it that way.

"Sounds like a good plan.", she said before taking the smaller of the two cloaks and putting it on. She preferred wearing the cloak anyway; an extra added layer to keep her hidden. She was exceptionally careful when it came to her privacy, and the more covered she was, the more layers she was wearing, the more comfortable she felt - at least when she was outside of the home. Their own personal space was an entirely different story after all.

"All ready~"

Word Count: 3,302

Last edited by Sephora on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:33 pm

He slipped his own cloak over his shoulders and fastened it across his chest, pulling the fabric over his form just enough to cover most of him, but reveal enough of his underdress to complete the effect. He could pass for a high ranking guild member this way, and that was the point. "Excellent. Let us attend to the guild hall, first. This time of day everyone will be there, working on guild business; versus out in the main markets." He slipped his hand into hers and squeezed gently; a little token of affection and one they would both allow when they where outside; otherwise they kept a very.. business interaction mindset in public. Fewer eyes, fewer problems.

Keeping her hand in his, he began to lead them from their comfortable home and into the mid-day heat; thankfully they would only be stuck in it for a few moments before the dedicated entrance from the clan compound to the guild hall. Once inside the tunnel leading downward, it was significantly cooler and actually rather fresh; they'd invested over the years in machines and such that better controlled the environment in the underground sections to keep it comfortable for everyone. Down the stairs, through the hallway that for them was just that, a simple hallway; they both carried guild pendants (and he the mark on his body to boot), so the genjutsu and such that protected the guild from outsiders. It was a short trip, and then they where in the main meeting areas; almost like a small market of it's own; with cafe stalls and such littering the walls and comfortable seating areas filled with guild members and guests.

He led them across the room, toward where the hallways branched out into the many different sub areas, storage places, offices, etc. There was a smaller meeting room they needed to go to; it was where the craftsmen and such hung out and traded information without the rest listening in. Because he old his glass creations as crafts often enough, he had access to the area without having to pull rank and such to get into the dedicated room. Once inside, after a quick flash of his guild badge as ID to the room guard, they where granted access, where he was finally willing to lower the cowl of his cloak so that he could see better. He felt more comfortable here; he worked very often with these members of the guild; many where family, actually; so it was a place he didn't feel the need to be secretive and such.

"Let us see... where is Hassan..." he was glancing around, eyes focused as he checked over the people assembled. "Ah, there we are. Come, Love." He led her across the room, toward a circular seating area that was half empty; with only the man he sought and a few of his random clan cousins playing a game of chess over a small table, with a large hookah settled beside it and a large pot of strong coffee for them to enjoy. Kin walked directly over, slipping into the area and settling himself on the empty chaise lounger, it was wide enough for both of them to be comfortable, while placing them in the perfect place to speak to whom they needed too.

One of the rare times he switched to a language that only the merchants guild used, a form of greeting and checking that members who where they appeared to be. It wasn't above rival guilds and blackmarket thugs to higher ninja to attempt to infiltrate; and they always failed do to this check. It was also good manners, really.

"As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.” As the phrase was said, he tilted his head in a certain fashion, it was a gesture that was meant to only be given as a sign of respect to anyone during the greeting.

“Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu” The gesture was returned, even as the older male was staring at the chess board in deep thought; it was his turn, and had been for nearly an hour, but they had nothing but time and patience; there was no rush, and this was a game that was well into maturity. Rushing now would defeat the entire purpose of the game. "It is rare to see you here, Brother. What brings your light to our part of the world."

"A favor, dear Brother; one only you are able to fulfill. I need someone that is... discreet; you have earned my trust many times over."

"Is that so? What is this, that you come to me then?"

"As you have likely guessed, as we have come to you; we need your skills as a craftsman. I need you to create the furniture for a child."

"Ah, so you have finally fathered a child, then?"

"Sharp as always, old friend. Yes, my dearest Sephora is with child. We do not wish for the news to be released just yet."

"You speak to me freely, with these younglings present?"

"They are family, they will not speak."

"Of course, of course. My friends, what is that you desire of me to create, hm? Am I to create a masterpiece of my own design, or do you know what it is that you want?"

"A masterpiece, this is a given, Brother. Sephora, my love, do you have ideas to share?"

WC: 921

3753 + 921 = 4674

1900/1900 A2-A3 END
1900/1900 A2-A3 REA
874/1900 A2-A3 CHA
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:04 pm

With her hand in Kin's she walked out of the house with him; covered nearly from head to toe save what little skin showed from her fingers being interlocked with his. No one, whether they saw Sephora or not beneath the cloak she wore, would question who she was; they didn't display their affection publicly, that was true, but even the fact that she was holding his hand was enough of a give away. Still, she preferred to ensure that everyone besides Kin saw as little of her as possible.

The heat was, as always, a far different thing then the comfortableness of their house, but thankfully they wouldn't be in it for long given how close the entrance to the guild hall was. Sure enough, before the heat could even begin to be an issue they were inside and walking their way down the hallway. She kept quiet, something fairly normal for her when out and about, as they made their way to where Kin wanted to go. Privacy was key, so the extra steps were needed. When they finally made it to the appropriate room would be when she too finally removed her hood, ears twitching slightly as she glanced around to see who all was nearby. She was relaxed, and quite content feeling at the moment, but it was more of a reflex than anything to know who was close to her and who wasn't.

She followed Kin over and sat down next to him, preferring to have him do the talking. She was practically beaming when Kin allowed their secret to be known; it was a reaction she just couldn't help, nor would she want to. She was exceptionally happy, and found no reason to hide it. When Kin asked if she had any ideas she nodded her head, deciding to speak finally compared to her normal polite silence, "I will be painting a mural to depict the scenery of each of the villages, and the general idea is to add pieces that symbolize or work with the mural in some way. Animals, plants, anything like that really. I wish for it to become a way for the child to learn, as well as be incredibly beautiful and attention grabbing. Other than that it's whatever you can imagine up." Sephora, being a bit of an artist herself, tended to like to give the basics and then leave the creators to do as they pleased; open creativity tended to create better results than forcing someone to stay within the perimeter of specific lines.

Word Count: 427 + 3,302 = 3,729
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 3:05 am

"I see, I see. You seek to prepare your child for a life of knowledge and learning, I approve." The old male knew that they did not seek his approval, but he was a man that spoke his mind, and rarely, if ever, bothered to sugar coat his words. He reached toward the board, his hand hovering over his knight, then his bishop, then one of his pawns in turn; before pulling back and rubbing his chin. His eyes darted around, working on plans and playing them out in his head dozens at a time. "Am I to assume that money will not be an issue? Never between friends, of course; but as an artist, I must know what I am allowed to work with, in relation to materials."

"Of course, my friend. You know I am not one to care about those things. I am a strange merchant, as you know. I will spend money where I need not; I could easily make something myself from the desert sands using my Glass; but I prefer to give my child something not of this place; a taste of the far lands they may never see, but are still part of."

"All are one, under the Great Sun." Hassan was nodding as he spoke, agreeing with the unspoken sentiment of Kin's words. While not so much religious, many of the merchants held to ancient traditions and beliefs that could be traced back to the Empire that existed for eons before the current village-state; the ancient Sun Empire of Shurima was still alive, in small ways. "I will see what I can do. I should be able to get a shipment of Hinowan Yellow Oaks, and maybe even a few bunches of Ironwood out of Fubuki. The place has gone to shit, from what the traders are saying, but there is still some material coming out. I will come to you in a day or two, with a few drafts."

"Perfect, perfect. That will give us time to finish planning." He squeezed Sephora's hand, turning to smile at her over how easily they were able to work this trade out. "Shall we go to the material trader, dear? We should leave these to their game, before Hassan grows annoyed by us."

"Never, Brother. But if your cousin takes another of my pawns, I may take his finger.~"

WC: 410

410 + 4674 = 5084

1900/1900 A2-A3 END
1900/1900 A2-A3 REA
1284/1900 A2-A3 CHA
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Sephora fell silence once again while her attention shifted onto the game. It was a game that amused her, one she herself enjoyed to play: it tested the mind in many ways and was something that when done right could go on for extremely long periods of time. Only when Kin squeazed her hand did her attention shift to him once more and a smile form across her face again. She nodded to his words, standing once more as she glanced back to those playing.

She giggled softly and shook her head. "If you take his finger that will leave me to some lengthy paperwork; the other medics always leave me to do it because my hand writing is nicer.", she said jokingly; though the latter part of that was in fact true. The majority of the other medics had 'doctors writing' where as Sephora had elegant handwriting that was beautiful to look at even when it was the simplest of things.

She then shifted her attention to Kin; waiting for him to lead the way to where he wanted to go next. She was in no true hurry, and was fine if he wished to converse for a moment longer. She was simply content with being there next to him, so that was more than enough for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2